You download and run the Microsoft Web Platform Installer wpilauncher.exe file. Then click on Applications link on the top of the page and then select WordPress and click the Install button.
- First download and run the Microsoft Web Platform Installer wpilauncher.exe file.
- Second select Applications link at the top.
- Third select wordpress by clicking ‘Add’ next to it.
- Now click the ‘Install’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the prompts to set your passwords for your WordPress site.
Microsoft Web Platform Installer for WordPress install on Server 2012 R2
- The first step of the install process has you select the type of database you want to use. You can leave the default of MySQL on a Windows server and this process will install MySQL for you.
- Then you need to enter a root password for the database.
- Assuming you did not install or configure IIS the next step will let you pick the: Web Site, WordPress application name, Web Site Name, Physical path, IP Address, Port and Host Name for the site.
- Next you enter: Authentication Key, Secure Authentication Key, Logged In Key, Nonce Key, Authentication Salt, Secure Authentication Salt, Logged In Salt and Nonce Salt.
- On this final page you hopefully see a green check mark and a list of the products installed. **Scroll to the bottom if you can to see the Database Name, User Name and Password. You can save this by clicking the copy to clip board link. At the top you can click ‘Launch WordPress’ to open your site and customize it.